WhiteSam's comment: I really wanted to edit it where he said that Chardonnay had a "buttery" flavor because that just didn't sound right to me... I've drunk Chardonnay and, sadly, also butter (on a bet) -- and the tastes were wholly dissimilar.
- Chardonnay: Medium-bodied. Buttery flavor with smooth finish.
- Sauvignon Blanc: Light-bodied. Crisp and fruity.
- Riesling: Light- to medium-bodied. Starts sweet, finishes dry.
- Pinot Grigio: Light-bodied. Crisp and slightly bitter.
- Pinot Noir: Medium-bodied. Earthy and smooth.
- Merlot: Medium- to heavy-bodied. Bitter and acidic.
- Cabernet Sauvignon: Full-bodied. Deep with hints of chocolate.
- Syrah/Shiraz: Heavy-bodied. Dark and fruity.
11 Weirdest Things to Pair With White Wine
11 Cheapest Ways To Get Super, Super Drunk
11 Literary References People Make Without Realizing It
11 Strange, and Often Wrong, Colored Foods and Drinks
11 Advertising Mascots Who Should've Been Arrested
Archive of all Food & Drink lists