You're one of the few people [besides myself] that can still quote Simpsons episodes, and remembers the 'Golden Age' fondly ... so, taking that, and your love for all things 11, here are 11 questions for you regarding Homer J. and the gang.Sam responds: I will now take these one by one...
1. Favourite Family Member?
2. Favourite Destination? [e.g.. Japan, Brazil, etc]
3. Favourite Guest Star?
4. Favourite Returning Guest Star?
5. Favourite Supporting Character?
6. Favourite pet?
7. Favourite Treehouse of Horror?
8. Favourite three-part episode that isn't Treehouse of Horror?
9. Favourite catchphrase?
10. Favourite of Homer's occupations?
11. Favourite episode?
[In response to 11 Weirdest Late-Career Team Changes in Sports], if we are talking international sports, legendary Brazillian soccer player Rivaldo electing to end his career in Uzbekistan is utterly weird.Sam responds: I wrote that list a year ago when it looked like Brett Favre was going to go to the New York Jets, and I thought it would be too weird to see him in a non-Green Bay jersey. Of course, since then, he's played for the Jets, retired, then un-retired to play for the Vikings.
I can't help but wonder if you were hoping to receive some nude pics as a result of this article [11 Secrets For Taking Amazing Nude Photos]?Sam responds: Well, Chris, so far, I have received zero nude photos as a result of it. The only thing I've gotten was an extraordinarily uncomfortable phone call with my parents where my mom told me how incredible insightful and potentially useful all of my tips were. If someone could "Men In Black" ray that conversation from my mind, I'd be deeply indebted.
I'm submitting an Inbox-o-Rama about an Inbox-o-Rama article... how meta.Sam responds: That wins the award for best T9 switch that anyone sent me.
Regarding favorite T9 changes [in the first item of last week's Inbox-O-Rama]... "I want to lick your pussy" comes out as "I want to kick your puppy".
[On your list of 11 Weirdest Collaborations Between Rappers and Non-Rappers Ever], what about Taylor Swift and T-Pain? That made me rofl.Sam responds: Somehow I'd never heard the results of this collaboration...
Is this two page lists thing here to stay? Because I'm not a fan. If this continues I might stop visiting your page twice a day.Sam responds: A number of people have commented on me switching up my formatting and splitting the lists onto two pages instead of one page. So I'd like to clear it up...
I thought of this simple chart I made when reading your recent [text message] punctuation post.Sam responds: Is there anything better than graph-based humor?
1) I don't get why people hate Jews.Sam responds: I guess it's now my job to tackle these one-by-one. I'm ready for that...
2) Why is I-Am-Bored not on your "friend list" anymore?!
3) I'm 15 and even I blow into game cartridge & usb connecters in attempt to fix them.
4) Rats are Winston's greatest fear.
5) Speaking of Wendy's Asian Chicken.. what's up with their motto? "It's waaaay better than fast food!" ... But it IS fast food.
6) I love the Beatles.
7) Your name almost rhymes. Almost.
8) I return to your Best Chipotle Ingredients list occasionally. It makes me hungry for Chipotle, jealous that you have it, and sad that there is no Chipotle within 200 miles of my house.
9) Can I have a sticker?
10) Do you read Harry Potter? If you do, you definitely need to do some sort of 11 Points on it.
11) I tell religious people I'm agnostic when I'm secretly atheist so they won't hate me.
12) What is a benihana chef?
Sam responds: Before I get into how this e-mail warmed my icy heart (with a hot island song), I have to mention how much it resembles that "Seinfeld" episode where a character awesomely named Todd Gak would make ridiculous pop culture bets with women (like betting Dustin Hoffman was in "Star Wars" or that the "M" in Richard M. Nixon stood for Moe) and then, when he'd inevitably lose the bet, he'd pay up by taking them to dinner... thereby tricking them into a date. Because betting that She-Ra was a Thundercat just smacks of that ploy. Not that I'd ever accuse my Merchant Marine homey Chris of doing that.
I live in Baltimore, but was in D.C. for a bar crawl. Somewhere around bar #5, I got into an argument with a guy about She-Ra. Yes, it’s an odd thing to argue about, but he swore she was a Thunder Cat. Ridiculous.
The first thing I though of to prove my point was your 11 points list about He-Man, so I made him look up your website on his iPhone. Turns out, he is Chris who corrected you about the Merchant Marines in your 6 month follow up post!
Just thought you might be interested to hear that you have a following on the East Coast!
[In response to an assertion I made in the list 11 '80s Fads I Totally Bought Into] HEY! hangin tough and the right stuff do NOT sound "nearly identical"!!!! and everyone always makes such fun of hangin tough but does anyone remember why they even made the song to begin with? their hometown boston basketball team was supposed to use the song-it was written for the team-but nooooooooo no one ever remembers that and they just keep getting ragged on for it!!!!Sam responds: First of all, I am always amazed at the passion of New Kids On The Block fans. To this day, they will still fight to the death for those guys. Even Danny, the fugly one.
Sam responds: Um... thanks?